Headaches Treatment Crystal Lake
What is a Migraine Headache?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, you’re not alone. About 12 percent of the U.S. population gets them. Migraines are extremely painful, recurring headaches that are sometimes accompanied by other symptoms such as visual disturbances or nausea. There are two types of migraine headaches- migraine with aura, formerly called common migraines and migraines without aura, formerly called classic migraines. Migraine headaches are three times more common in women than are in men.
Stop dealing with the painful symptoms of migraine headaches and let our Crystal Lake chiropractors work their magic by contacting us today.
Signs & Symptoms
- Throbbing, pounding or pulsating pain
- Often begins on one side of your head and may spread to both or stay on one side
- Most intense pain is often concentrated around the sides of the forehead
- Can last from 4-72 hours
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or even vertigo
- Loss of appetite
- Visual disturbances, like seeing flashing lights or zigzag lines, temporary blind spots or blurred vision
- Light, noise, and movement make your head hurt worse.
Many individuals with migraine headaches can identify triggers that cause or aggravate the headache. Because there is no cure, avoiding triggers may help to reduce the frequency or severity of migraine headaches.
Some triggers include:
- Stress and anxiety pain
- Bright lights
- Loud noises
- Changes in the weather
- Caffeine(too much or too little),chocolate, or alcohol(often red wine)
- Inadequate sleep or too much sleep
- Hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle or pregnancy
- Missed meal
Diagnosis & Treatment
At Strelcheck chiropractic clinic we have a dedicated team of doctors that will take a comprehensive medical history including all of the medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medicines and physical examination in order to better understand the nature and cause of your migraines. After a thorough exam a treatment plan will be prescribed in order to alleviate your migraine headache symptoms.
The treatment plan will include chiropractic adjustments to improve spinal function and alleviate the stress on your system. Provide nutritional advice, recommending a change in diet and perhaps the addition of B complex vitamins. Offer advice on posture, ergonomics (work postures), exercises and relaxation techniques. This advice should help to relieve the recurring joint irritation and tension in the muscles of the neck and upper back.