Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
What is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a complex disorder characterized by profound fatigue and other related symptoms. In some cases, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) develops after an illness such as mononucleosis (mono) or flu, or after a period of unusual stress. But it may also develop without warning, even if you have not been sick. The fatigue may come upon you gradually or quite suddenly. Because fatigue can be vague and can be caused by many things, you might not pay attention to the problem for several weeks or months.
Experiencing chronic fatigue syndrome? Allow our skilled Crystal Lake chiropractors to treat your symptoms by contacting us today.
Some common symptoms include but not limited to:
- You feel tired for no reason all day long
- Pain in multiple joints
- Tender lymph nodes
- You have difficulty bouncing back from stress, setbacks or illness.
- Memory and concentration problems
- Reduced libido
Chronic fatigue syndrome can be caused by any of the following conditions, illnesses or situations that undermine the function of the adrenal glands:
- Any recurrent disease, infection or illness, usually related a respiratory problem, such as influenza, bronchitis, pneumonia and some allergies.
- Being exposed to toxic chemical and pollutants for a long time.
- Events or situations that place enormous burden on the body, such as major surgery, long-term malnutrition, or being addicted to drugs.
- Prolonged and Inevitable stressful physiological circumstances that make a person feel helpless in their work environment, negative personal relationships, or financial hardship.
Diagnosis & Treatment
At Strelcheck chiropractic clinic, the diagnosis and management of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is commonly offered. At our clinic we have myriad of different test we can perform to properly diagnose and treat your condition. Some of these tests may include blood or saliva testing.
Individual treatment plans vary, based upon the extent of your adrenal function and available protocols. At the heart of an effective treatment program are lifestyle habits and the need to lower stress and balance blood sugar.
Some other natural approaches include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Select nutritional supplements
- Stress reduction
- Modified eating and sleeping habits